Why Data Is the 21st Century’s Gold: Some Stats on Data Marketing
AdWeek recently published a set of infographics on consumer demand for personalization. The infographics were made using data from surveys of marketing and communications agencies. The charts show an overall trend toward customer and marketer preference for data driven marketing. “Customers today expect—and demand—a seamless and relevant experience,” AdWeek says. “They have grown accustomed to marketers’ knowledge of their preferences and anticipation of their needs.”
Some of the top insights:
• The top cited reason for increased data marketing is the need to be more customer centric
• The top data marketing priority is custom messages and personalized customer experiences
• The most popular channel for consumer engagement is websites
• Customer service data is 56% percent of what is being collected – (the largest percentage)
• Data efforts are being focused the most heavily on targeting of offer messages and content.
Need more evidence that digital has taken over? Websites were ranked as the most popular channel for consumer engagement and in-store ranked last.
For more info see the complete article here ☺